|Pink Floyd - Interstellar Plumpton|
|Recorded at the Plumpton Race Track, Streat, East Sussex, England. Very nice audience recording, although the SQ gets a bit worse from track 8.
From the info file:
disc/s: 1 release: Atomic Cow Recordings (??)
date/venue: 1969 August 08 - Plumpton Race Track, Streat, East Sussex, England
source: audience / cass(low) > cdr(?) > SHN
tot length: 69:19 overall: VG
01. Set The Controls [9:45]
02. Tune Ups [1:04]
03. Cymbaline [9:18]
04. Tune Ups/ The Journey [0:40]
05. The Beginning (Green Is The Colour) [3:11]
06. Beset By Creatures Of The Deep (Careful With That Axe Eugene) [6:14]
07. The Narrow Way (Fades Out) [4:59]
08. Pink Jungle (Fades In) [6:01]
09. The Labrynths Of Auximenies [5:12]
10. Labrynths Of Auximenies (Foot Steps) [2:17]
11. Behold The Temple Of Light [4:15]
12. The End Of The Beginning [5:49]
13. Interstellar Overdrive [10:27]
first of all, I'm not 100% sure this tracklist correspond to the ACR version, some seem to have this indexed in a different way, anyway...
no NR was here applied, speed is correct (Journey To Plumpton seems a bit fast).
sounds absolutely brighter than Journey To Plumpton, though:
- here we have a distinct change of sound quality after The Narrow Way, from that point sounds much more muffled, this problem is on the other versions as well, but not as much marked as here is.
here actually there's a distinct cut at the end of the song, whereas on Journey To Plumpton you can hear the taper 'playing' with the recorder and provoking a sorta break, but there's no cut.
- the announcer is here missing (some seconds of recording at the very beginning)
notes from the pinklist:
First Atomic Cow Recordings release. A very nice source is used for the 1st half of the show although the sound degrades during the second part of The Journey. The complete Interstellar Overdrive is included here in a nice sound.