|Pink Floyd - London 1st Gen With Encore|
|Recorded at the Royal Albert Hall, London, UK. Very good audience recording. 'The End of the Beginning' is fantastic!!!
This is basically the same as 'London Royal Albert Hall', but without the noise reduction (and thus, a bit more hissy).
From the info file:
June 26, 1969
Royal Albert Hall, London
'The Man and the Journey' tour
master > 1st gen > DAT > CD-R > flac (files made with xACT 1.4b28)
flac files made by jimshoes
01. Afternoon (5:43) (Biding my Time)
02. Doing It (4:10)
03. Sleeping (5:27)
04. Nightmare (9:15) (Cymbaline)
05. Daybreak (1:04) this is just a clock sound effect!
06. The Beginning (4:39) (Green is the Colour)
07. Beset by Creatures of the Deep (5:56) (Careful With that Axe Eugene)
08. The Narrow Way (5:08)
09. The Pink Jungle (5:24) (Pow R Toc H)
10. The Labyrinths of Auximines (9:01)
11. Behold the Temple of Light (3:20)
12. The End of the Beginning (9:24) with orchestra and choir! (Celestial Voices)
01. Set The Controls for the Heart of the Sun (11:04)
Daybreak and Work were not recorded. This is the longest and lowest generation tape of this show known. No processing, filtering, or noise reduction was done to this, as you can probably tell. This recording might be a little fast (it sounds it to me, but I'm just guessing), and there is a nasty hiss in the 8k range that many circulating copies of this show have filtered out. Despite the hiss, this has clearer sound than other copies of this show.
Please don't 'remaster' this and 'improve' it. Please. I beg you.
Just listen, share and enjoy. Don't pee all over it with your 'mad mastering skillz.'
The Pink Floyd trading pool is polluted enough already.