|Porcupine Tree - La Scala, London, UK (KLD Remaster)|
|Recorded at the Scala, London, UK. Very good audience recording.
From the info file:
La Scala, London, 5/31/2000 (2 CD)
Kitty Lickin' Disc Remaster
1. Intro 1:48
1. Lightbulb Sun, 6:15
2. Four Chords That Made A Million, 3:44
3. Even Less, 7:01
4. Slave Called Shiver, 5:22
5. Sleep Of No Dreaming, 5:15
6. Up The Downstair, 8:01
7. Where We Would Be, 4:41
8. Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled, 5:14
9. Russia On Ice, 12:10
1. Tinto Brass, 8:14
2. Hatesong, 9:05
3. Shesmovedon, 6:05
4. Stop Swimming, 6:59
5. Pure Narcotic, 5:23
6. A Smart Kid, 7:42
7. Voyage 34, 15:16
8. Waiting, 4:19
9. Signify, 6:04
Steven Wilson - Guitars, Lead Vocals
Richard Barbieri - Synthesizers, Electronics
Colin Edwin - Bass
Chris Maitland - Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals
From the original torrent:
* This was the first show of the Lightbulb Sun tour.
* This show marked the live premier of 'Lightbulb Sun,' 'Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth
Before It Is Recycled,' 'Hatesong' and 'Shesmovedon.'
* The recording seems to be recorded at somewhat of a low volume.
* After 'Lightbulb Sun,' SW says, 'Come with us on a voyage of discovery tonight as we premier
and muddle through many of the tracks from the new album for the first time.'
* Before 'Where We Would Be,' SW says, 'The song we're about to do, I kind of always thought this
was a happy, up song, but I suppose it's a measure of how fucked-up I am emotionally that most
people saw this as just as miserable as the rest of the album. This is called 'Where We Would Be.'
* SW and Maitland add a vocal to the very end of 'Where We Would Be' that's not on the album
version and not regularly performed live.
* The concert is played in two sets, with 'Russia On Ice' ending set one.
* 'Shesmovedon' is played as it is on Lightbulb Sun with the vocal and guitar outro part. This part
would soon be dropped from live performances as the song would end with SW's guitar solo.
* SW forgets the words during the start of the second verse of 'Pure Narcotic' and he just mumbles
* After 'A Smart Kid,' someone in the crowd yells out, 'Next time, you can turn that solo into a
30-minute one because it's fucking excellent.'
SW replies, 'Thank you very much, I'll suggest it to the rest of the band.'
The man then yells out, 'O.K., rest of the band, next time that solo needs to be about 30-minutes
* SW plays a somewhat different solo to 'Waiting.' This track then segues immediately into
Wavelab was used to increase the volume, and brighten the sound. The 'Declicker' was used to remove some digital pops in 'Lightbulb Sun' that were present on the original torrent. Most of the digital noise has been eliminated. Many thanks to j2clark2 for the original torrent!!! This is a great show. --MP April '05