|Porcupine Tree - Canterbury Festival, Canterbury, UK|
|Recorded at the Canterbury Festival, Canterbury, UK. Great audience recording.
From the info file:
Cantebury Festival, Cantebury, 8/18/01 (1 CD)
1. Intro, 1:38
2. Tinto Brass, 7:44
3. Shesmovedon, 5:36
4. Even Less, 7:02
5. Slave Called Shiver, 4:39
6. Lightbulb Sun, 6:26
7. Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled, 5:47
8. Stop Swimming, 7:46
9. Hatesong, 8:47
10. Up The Downstair, 8:07
11. Radioactive Toy, 7:04
Steven Wilson - Guitar, Lead Vocals
Richard Barbieri - Synthesizers, Electronics
Colin Edwin - Bass
Chris Maitland - Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals
* This was an outdoor festival that also featured sets from Caravan and Hawkwind, among others.
* This was the last show of 2001 and, unknown at the time, the last show with Chris Maitland as the band's drummer.
* The show features a strange introduction from Arthur Brown.
* Tracks one and two are spliced together.
* It rained throughout the show, prompting SW to 'retitle' 'Stop Swimming' for the evening to 'Start Swimming.' He makes the
appropriate lyric change during the song as well.
* There's some noticeable crowd talking during the beginning of 'Up The Downstair.'
* All in all, an excellent performance and an enjoyable recording of it. Also of historical significance as it's the last show with Maitland.